About the Department
The Department of History started its journey since the establishment of the College in 2007.
- Initially, History was offered as a General subject.In 2010, the Department started its Honours course after its first Full-time faculty joined in. Presently, the Department has one Associate Professor and two Assistant Professors along with two State-Aided College Teachers.
- In the last few Semesters, under the CBCS system, results of the students have been quite remarkable.In the last Semester,seven students obtained First-class marks in their first Semester Examination.
- Apart from formal academic activities, the Department engages the students in organising and participating in Seminars, Debates, watching films in the smart class-room, visiting places of historical interests and various cultural activities.
- The Department has organised a State–level Seminar at Gandhi Smarak Sangrahalaya commemorating 100 years of Jallianwalabag Massacre on 24.02.2020 in collaboration with Sarojini Naidu College for Women, Rishi Bankim Chandra College and Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Vivekananda Vidyabhavan. Students of the department regularly publish its Wall-Magazine ‘Then and Now’(Sekal-Ekal) on various issues.
- In January 2020, Departmental Seminar Library was also formed to cater to the growing needs of the students.